At Memorial Sloan Kettering (MSK), we’re not only changing the way we treat cancer, but also the way the world thinks about it. By working together and pushing forward with innovation and discovery, we’re driving excellence and improving outcomes. We’re treating cancer, one patient at a time. Join us and make a difference every day.
In compliance with applicable State regulatory authorities, COVID-19 vaccination is mandatory for all MSK staff. Staff are considered fully vaccinated upon completion of a primary vaccination series for COVID-19 (i.e., one dose of a single dose vaccine or a final dose of a multi-dose vaccine series). Exceptions from the COVID-19 vaccine requirement are permitted for those who request and receive an approved medical or fully remote exemption. Requests for medical exemption can take up to two weeks to review. Vaccination or an approved medical exemption is required to start work.
*Staff working at a MSK New Jersey location must be up to date with COVID-19 vaccination, which includes having completed the primary COVID-19 vaccination series and booster once eligible as mandated by New Jersey State. All New Jersey staff not yet eligible for a booster must receive a booster within 3 weeks of becoming eligible as a condition of continued employment at MSK.
Note: Individuals are eligible to receive a COVID-19 booster two months after completion of a primary vaccination series for COVID-19. Because vaccine-induced immunity can wane over time, MSK continues to strongly urge all staff to get a COVID-19 booster as soon as they become eligible to maintain their protective immunity for a longer period.
The Van den Brink Lab studies clinically relevant complications in hematopoietic cell transplantation (HCT) and aims to develop novel therapeutic strategies to improve patient outcomes. We are looking for a Lab Manager to join our team! This will include supervising and performing technical and administrative tasks. This candidate will directly manage research technicians and indirectly oversee other laboratory staff, oversee equipment needs and manage inventory, and manage lab safety programs to ensure compliance with all applicable regulations.
· Manage day-to-day activities and operations within the research laboratory, including such activities as ensuring operation of essential equipment, making sure adequate supplies are available for routine experimental procedures, and reviewing budgets and research plans alongside project managers.
· Act as liaison between lab and regulatory offices to ensure compliance with all applicable regulations.
· Develop laboratory guidelines, maintain procedures manuals, and evaluate new materials and equipment.
· Train incoming personnel in proper lab conduct.
· Maintaining experimental protocols and regulatory documents.
· Provide recommendations for operational improvements
· Manage technicians, delegating work and providing training, mentorship and constructive feedback when needed.
· Master’s Degree with 4-7 years of experience in a research lab setting or a Bachelor’s degree with 7-10 years of experience in a research lab setting. This must include a minimum 3 years of supervisory experience
· Enhanced critical thinking skills and proactiveness in identifying and addressing issues.
· Familiarity with general lab equipment upkeep and maintenance.
· In-depth ability to navigate organizational structure and culture both within and outside the work unit, and ability to collaborate in diverse teams.
Pay Range $76,900 to $123,000
Please click to learn more about MSK’s compensation philosophy.
MSK is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer committed to diversity and inclusion in all aspects of recruiting and employment. All qualified individuals are encouraged to apply and will receive consideration without regard to race, color, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, age, religion, creed, disability, veteran status or any other factor which cannot lawfully be used as a basis for an employment decision.
Federal law requires employers to provide reasonable accommodation to qualified individuals with disabilities. Please tell us if you require a reasonable accommodation to apply for a job or to perform your job. Examples of reasonable accommodation include making a change to the application process or work procedures, providing documents in an alternate format, using a sign language interpreter, or using specialized equipment.