At Memorial Sloan Kettering (MSK), we’re not only changing the way we treat cancer, but also the way the world thinks about it. By working together and pushing forward with innovation and discovery, we’re driving excellence and improving outcomes. We’re treating cancer, one patient at a time. Join us and make a difference every day.
In compliance with applicable State regulatory authorities, COVID-19 vaccination is mandatory for all MSK staff. Staff are considered fully vaccinated upon completion of a primary vaccination series for COVID-19 (i.e., one dose of a single dose vaccine or a final dose of a multi-dose vaccine series). Exceptions from the COVID-19 vaccine requirement are permitted for those who request and receive an approved medical or fully remote exemption. Requests for medical exemption can take up to two weeks to review. Vaccination or an approved medical exemption is required to start work.
*Staff working at a MSK New Jersey location must be up to date with COVID-19 vaccination, which includes having completed the primary COVID-19 vaccination series and booster once eligible as mandated by New Jersey State. All New Jersey staff not yet eligible for a booster must receive a booster within 3 weeks of becoming eligible as a condition of continued employment at MSK.
Note: Individuals are eligible to receive a COVID-19 booster two months after completion of a primary vaccination series for COVID-19. Because vaccine-induced immunity can wane over time, MSK continues to strongly urge all staff to get a COVID-19 booster as soon as they become eligible to maintain their protective immunity for a longer period.
Are you a healthcare professional passionate about working with a team of individuals that puts patient care first? Our Anesthesiology Service is responsible for all forms of anesthesia administered for both inpatient and outpatient procedures. We care deeply for our patients and we have committed to serving at the highest level. As an Anesthesia Technician you will assist the clinical anesthesia staff by ensuring proper supplies are available, that all equipment is functioning properly, and all reusable equipment is clean and sterile.
• Perform proper departmental cleaning procedures for each type of equipment before bringing to CPD for sterilization.
• Use proper cleaning solution for each task per department guidelines.
• Conduct inventory of all general stores supplies including all I.V. solutions to determine need for replenishment.
• Order necessary items from General Stores and Pharmacy by completing appropriate order forms and checking items received for accuracy; Ensure all receipts and invoices are to the Technical Coordinator and reports any discrepancies.
• Assist Materials Manager and Technical Coordinator in the management of the department clinical and technical function.
• Supply Maintenance.
• Complete assignments while maintaining quality of work within established time frames.
• High School Diploma or equivalent education (required)
• Associates Degree or Certified Vocational Training (preferred)
• At least 2 years experience in a hospital setting working with anesthesia machines (troubleshooting, tech experience)
• Occasional lifting of boxes containing anesthesia supplies and/or equipment.
• Occasional lifting and pushing of medical gas cylinders.
• Occasional pushing of anesthesia machines and monitors.
• Visual concentration necessary.
• 8 hour flexed shifts between 2PM - 11PM (Monday-Friday, Occasional Saturdays)
Pay Range: $22.06-$33.18
Please click to learn more about MSK’s compensation philosophy.
MSK is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer committed to diversity and inclusion in all aspects of recruiting and employment. All qualified individuals are encouraged to apply and will receive consideration without regard to race, color, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, age, religion, creed, disability, veteran status or any other factor which cannot lawfully be used as a basis for an employment decision.
Federal law requires employers to provide reasonable accommodation to qualified individuals with disabilities. Please tell us if you require a reasonable accommodation to apply for a job or to perform your job. Examples of reasonable accommodation include making a change to the application process or work procedures, providing documents in an alternate format, using a sign language interpreter, or using specialized equipment.