At Memorial Sloan Kettering (MSK), we’re not only changing the way we treat cancer, but also the way the world thinks about it. By working together and pushing forward with innovation and discovery, we’re driving excellence and improving outcomes.
For the 28th year, MSK has been named a top hospital for cancer by U.S. News & World Report. We are proud to be on Becker’s Healthcare list as one of the 150 Great Places to Work in Healthcare in 2018, as well as one of Glassdoor’s Employees’ Choice Best Place to Work for 2018. We’re treating cancer, one patient at a time. Join us and make a difference every day.
APP Manager, Advanced Practice Provider (APP – NP/PA), Orthopedic, Neurology and Neurosurgery services
The APP Manager provides leadership of nurse practitioners and physician assistants in alignment with the vision, mission, values and goals of Memorial Sloan Kettering Cancer Center (MSK) and develops and fosters relationships with multiple counterparts and key stakeholders including physicians, nursing and administrative staff. The APP Manager cultivates an empowered and engaged work force committed to clinical excellence, quality care and service to patients and families. In addition, the APP Manager maintains clinical responsibilities within a designated practice specialty.
• Capable of anticipating and balancing the needs to multiple stakeholders
• Resourceful, securing and deploying resources effectively and efficiently
• An effective communicator
• Openly relatable and comfortable with diverse groups of people
• Adaptable in approach and demeanor in real time to match the shifting demands of different situations
• Provide leadership for the administrative, clinical and human resource operations at the point of care in alignment with the vision, mission, values and goals of Memorial Sloan Kettering
• Collaborate with the interprofessional team members to cultivate an empowered and engaged work force committed to clinical excellence, quality care and service to patients and families
• Maintain clinical responsibilities within a designated practice specialty
• Current NYS RN and NP license/registration, Master’s Degree, or licensed as a Physician Assistant (PA) in NYS, prescriptive privileges (or eligible)
• Minimum of 5 years of related clinical experience
• ACLS and National Certification required
• Superior organizational skills, including keen attention to detail and accuracy, and the ability to work independently in a deadline driven, fast paced environment
• Excellent interpersonal, communication (written and verbal) and customer service skills are required
Hours: full-time flexed Monday - Friday. Four (10 hour) days.
MSK is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer committed to diversity and inclusion in all aspects of recruiting and employment. All qualified individuals are encouraged to apply and will receive consideration without regard to race, color, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, age, religion, creed, disability, veteran status or any other factor which cannot lawfully be used as a basis for an employment decision.
Federal law requires employers to provide reasonable accommodation to qualified individuals with disabilities. Please tell us if you require a reasonable accommodation to apply for a job or to perform your job. Examples of reasonable accommodation include making a change to the application process or work procedures, providing documents in an alternate format, using a sign language interpreter, or using specialized equipment.