At Memorial Sloan Kettering (MSK), we’re not only changing the way we treat cancer, but also the way the world thinks about it. By working together and pushing forward with innovation and discovery, we’re driving excellence and improving outcomes.
For the 28th year, MSK has been named a top hospital for cancer by U.S. News & World Report. We are proud to be on Becker’s Healthcare list as one of the 150 Great Places to Work in Healthcare in 2018, as well as one of Glassdoor’s Employees’ Choice Best Place to Work for 2018. We’re treating cancer, one patient at a time. Join us and make a difference every day.
Memorial Sloan Kettering Cancer Center (MSK) seeks a Senior Occupational Therapist at a state-of-the-art cancer treatment center in Manhattan’s Upper East Side. This facility offers the highest standards of comprehensive cancer care in an environment designed to meet the unique needs of cancer patients and their families.
MSK is seeking to hire a licensed Occupational Therapist (OT) to join our exceptional acute care inpatient team in a Senior Therapist role. Occupational therapy experience in an acute care and adult setting is desired. Lymphedema certification and/or experience treating lymphedema is beneficial. At MSK, we offer world class training within our rehabilitation service focusing on opportunities to develop innovative, therapeutic programs for a diverse patient population. Our highly talented team assists patients throughout their continuum of care focusing on improved quality of life, overall function and independent management as needed. We are looking for an individual passionate about patient-centered treatment, teamwork, and best practice which results in an exceptional patient experience. Attention to detail, dedication to individualized care, and participation in a team approach is what MSK therapists provide with each interaction.
• Provide highly skilled occupational therapy services including assessment of functional cognition to adult patients in an oncology setting utilizing evidenced-based therapeutic interventions to maximize patient outcomes.
• Collaborate with multi-disciplinary team members, including the patient and their family, to ensure the highest level of clinical services are provided and experienced throughout the entire episode of care.
• Participate in mentorship, both as mentor and mentee, through various teaching and learning opportunities.
• Engage in projects and activities that support and advance institutional and departmental mission and goals.
• New York State Licensure as an Occupational Therapist required.
• A Master’s degree in Occupational Therapy is preferred.
• Minimum of 3 years clinical practice as a licensed OT required.
• Experience with oncology population preferred.
• Inpatient acute care setting clinical experience preferred.
• Pediatric clinical experience beneficial.
• Lymphedema clinical experience beneficial.
Hours vary between 7:30a-6p, Monday-Sunday (subject to change)
Please include a cover letter and resume for consideration.
MSK is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer committed to diversity and inclusion in all aspects of recruiting and employment. All qualified individuals are encouraged to apply and will receive consideration without regard to race, color, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, age, religion, creed, disability, veteran status or any other factor which cannot lawfully be used as a basis for an employment decision.
Federal law requires employers to provide reasonable accommodation to qualified individuals with disabilities. Please tell us if you require a reasonable accommodation to apply for a job or to perform your job. Examples of reasonable accommodation include making a change to the application process or work procedures, providing documents in an alternate format, using a sign language interpreter, or using specialized equipment.