At Memorial Sloan Kettering (MSK), we’re not only changing the way we treat cancer, but also the way the world thinks about it. By working together and pushing forward with innovation and discovery, we’re driving excellence and improving outcomes.
For the 28th year, MSK has been named a top hospital for cancer by U.S. News & World Report. We are proud to be on Becker’s Healthcare list as one of the 150 Great Places to Work in Healthcare in 2018, as well as one of Glassdoor’s Employees’ Choice Best Place to Work for 2018. We’re treating cancer, one patient at a time. Join us and make a difference every day.
We are: The Section of Sleep Medicine in the Pulmonary Service at MSK are board-certified Pulmonologists and Sleep Physicians committed to addressing comprehensive sleep disorders, with emphasis on sleep disordered breathing. We are newly established and looking for an eager and experienced Sleep Technologist to help co-develop and work in our rapidly growing practice.
As a Sleep Technologist, you will:
• Be responsible for conducting technical procedures, preparing sleep tests and devices, completely and efficiently in accordance with AASM and Departmental Guidelines.
• Perform home sleep study device preparation (i.e. home sleep apnea test (HST), nocturnal pulse oximetry, actigraphy), educate patients on equipment, troubleshoot sleep study issues and respond to patient questions regarding setup.
• Prepare and interpret preliminary results.
• Review test results and determine the need for additional tests as per the approved protocol.
• Handle PAP order coordination (supplies, tube heading, humidifier settings, etc.) and patient counseling.
• Fit patients for PAP masks, field patient calls related to PAP machine, and perform desensitization if necessary.
• Troubleshoot autoPAP, CPAP and BIPAP device settings.
• Monitor patient flow and schedule requests with minimal supervision.
• Maintain database of home sleep study results
• Follow all applicable departmental and institutional policies and procedures.
• Take initiative to complete work, solve problems, communicate issues and suggest efficiencies.
• Capable of building strong customer relationships and delivering customer-centric solutions.
• A good decision-maker, with proven success at making timely decisions that keep the organization moving forward.
• Action-oriented and eager to embrace new opportunities and tough challenges with a sense of urgency, high energy, and enthusiasm.
• Consistently achieving results, even under tough circumstances.
• Able to hold yourself and others accountable in order to achieve goals and live up to commitments.
• Adept at building partnerships and working collaboratively with others to meet shared objectives and goals.
• An effective communicator, capable of determining how best to reach different audiences and executing communications based on that understanding.
• Approachable – someone who is comfortable with diverse groups of people and able to make others comfortable with you.
• Resilient in recovering from setbacks and skilled at finding detours around obstacles.
• Able to utilize a combination of feedback and reflection to gain productive insights into personal strengths and weaknesses.
• Able to operate effectively, even when things are not clear or the way forward is not obvious.
• Adept at learning quickly, applying insights from past efforts to new situations.
• Actively seeking new ways to grow and be challenged, using both formal and informal development channels.
• Flexible in your approach and demeanor in order to align with the shifting demands of evolving circumstances.
• Bachelors degree and certified training in Respiratory and Sleep Medicine plus 2-4 years experience required.
• Current RPSGT credentials from Board of Registered Polysomnographic Technologists and/or current RST credentials from American Board of Sleep Medicine required.
• Current BCLS certification required.
• Accreditation experience preferred.
MSK is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer committed to diversity and inclusion in all aspects of recruiting and employment. All qualified individuals are encouraged to apply and will receive consideration without regard to race, color, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, age, religion, creed, disability, veteran status or any other factor which cannot lawfully be used as a basis for an employment decision.
Federal law requires employers to provide reasonable accommodation to qualified individuals with disabilities. Please tell us if you require a reasonable accommodation to apply for a job or to perform your job. Examples of reasonable accommodation include making a change to the application process or work procedures, providing documents in an alternate format, using a sign language interpreter, or using specialized equipment.