At Memorial Sloan Kettering (MSK), we’re not only changing the way we treat cancer, but also the way the world thinks about it. By working together and pushing forward with innovation and discovery, we’re driving excellence and improving outcomes.
For the 28th year, MSK has been named a top hospital for cancer by U.S. News & World Report. We are proud to be on Becker’s Healthcare list as one of the 150 Great Places to Work in Healthcare in 2018, as well as one of Glassdoor’s Employees’ Choice Best Place to Work for 2018. We’re treating cancer, one patient at a time. Join us and make a difference every day.
ADVANCED PRACTICE PROVIDER (PHYSICIAN ASSISTANT OR NURSE PRACTITIONER)-NOCTURNIST TEAM
Hours: 5:30pm-6:00am with weekend and holiday rotation required
We are seeking an Advanced Practice Provider (Physician Assistant or Nurse Practitioner) for the Nocturnist team to provide comprehensive care to meet the medical and psychosocial needs of our patients, implement and evaluate standards, and participate in research necessary to establish exemplary, evidence-based care.
The Advanced Practice Provider (APP) will join a team of over 500 NPs and PAs across MSK who have dedicated their lives to deliver compassionate, comprehensive cancer care to patients and their loved ones, supporting the mission, philosophy, standards, goals and objectives of the institution and department.
- A good decision-maker, known to work at making timely decisions that keep the organization moving forward
- You are able to work effectively in an environment notable for complex, sometimes contradictory information
- You are effective at gaining the support and dedication of others by engaging them around your point of view and priorities
- Flexible in your approach and demeanor in order to align with the shifting demands of evolving circumstances
- Openly relatable and comfortable with diverse groups of people
- Flexible with schedule
• Collaborate with physicians and healthcare team members to provide care for surgical patients on a range of services including Hepatobiliary, Head & Neck, Colorectal, Gastric and Mixed Tumor, Plastic, and Orthopaedic Surgery, including Orthopaedic consults.
• Ensure the delivery of exemplary care and foster an environment that centers on the needs of patients and their families
• Serve as a clinical expert and resource providing education and consultation to healthcare team members
• Participate in process improvement initiatives, implementation of patient education, and clinical support programs
QUALIFICATIONS NEEDED FOR A PA CANDIDATE ARE
Graduate from an accredited PA program
ACTIVE NYS LICENSE OR BE QUALIFIED FOR STATE LICENSURE
A minimum of 3 years of related experience as a PA is preferred
Qualifications needed for an NP candidate are:
CURRENT NEW YORK STATE (NYS) RN AND NP LICENSES/REGISTRATIONS
Master’s degree in nursing, prescriptive privileges (or eligibility)
3+ years of related clinical experience
Related National NP certification – Family Nurse Practitioner or additional pediatric certification required.
Hours: 5:30pm-6:00am with weekend and holiday rotation required#LI-TA1
MSK is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer committed to diversity and inclusion in all aspects of recruiting and employment. All qualified individuals are encouraged to apply and will receive consideration without regard to race, color, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, age, religion, creed, disability, veteran status or any other factor which cannot lawfully be used as a basis for an employment decision.
Federal law requires employers to provide reasonable accommodation to qualified individuals with disabilities. Please tell us if you require a reasonable accommodation to apply for a job or to perform your job. Examples of reasonable accommodation include making a change to the application process or work procedures, providing documents in an alternate format, using a sign language interpreter, or using specialized equipment.