At Memorial Sloan Kettering (MSK), we’re not only changing the way we treat cancer, but also the way the world thinks about it. By working together and pushing forward with innovation and discovery, we’re driving excellence and improving outcomes.
For the 28th year, MSK has been named a top hospital for cancer by U.S. News & World Report. We are proud to be on Becker’s Healthcare list as one of the 150 Great Places to Work in Healthcare in 2018, as well as one of Glassdoor’s Employees’ Choice Best Place to Work for 2018. We’re treating cancer, one patient at a time. Join us and make a difference every day.
Memorial Sloan Kettering Cancer Center (MSK) seeks a Radiology Manager for Interventional Radiology at our main hospital in the upper east side on Manhattan. This is a unique opportunity to manage one of the largest Interventional Radiology Departments. This facility offers the highest standards of comprehensive cancer care delivered by MSK oncologists, in an environment designed to meet the unique needs of cancer patients and their families.
• Committed to high standards of quality, safety, and productivity.
• Motivated to provide exceptional customer service.
• Action-oriented and eager to take on new opportunities and tough challenges with a sense of urgency, high energy, and enthusiasm.
• Adaptable in your approach and demeanor in real time to match the shifting demands of different situations.
• A good decision maker, with proven success of making timely decisions that keep the organization moving forward.
• Adept at planning and prioritizing work to meet commitments aligned with organizational goals.
• Manage the technical functions, activities and operations of assigned departments to provide high quality, efficient, and cost-effective patient care and ensure compliance with departmental, MSKCC, and regulatory standards.
• Prioritize overall activities of department and assigns/delegates work to meet departmental goals and requirements; anticipate impact of special/urgent requests and implement plans to modify activities to meet the immediate needs.
• Ensure and evaluate that overall staffing needs are appropriate at all times. This includes assuring that staff schedules, personnel time away and staff coverage are adequate while recommending changes as needed to staffing plans relating to workload, Patient volume and attending staff changes.
• Be on-call 24 hours a day, 7 days a week.
• Have budget responsibilities.
• Review workflow and policies and procedures to most effectively meet the goals and mission of the department; makes revisions to improve efficiency on both inter-and intradepartmental levels, identifies methods for avoiding duplication of efforts, streamlining procedures, enhancing cooperation, etc.
• Create an environment that places emphasis on the importance of patient safety.
• Evaluate performance and make recommendations for personnel actions. Respond to employee questions and provide guidance on how to proceed.
• Monitor staff compliance with department and Center standards, policies, and procedures (e.g., patient confidentiality, waste management, infection control, fire safety).
• Monitor employee attendance and provide appropriate feedback according to the Center’s Attendance Policy (relating to punctuality and performance problems), reward/take appropriate disciplinary action as indicated.
• Conduct performance appraisal process per department and Center guidelines within established time frames; document each employee’s performance based on up-to-date performance standards and recommend an employee development plan to include realistic objectives for the coming year; conduct appraisal interview with each employee.
• Counsel employees on individual growth opportunities; recommend employee transfers and/or promotions; encourages participation in professional development activities (e.g., seminars, readings).
• Recommend the termination of employees according to the Center’s Progressive Discipline process; terminate employees.
• 5-10 years experience in Interventional Radiology.
• Master's Degree preferred.
• Licenses: New York State in Radiologic Technology.
• 7-10 Years Relevant Management Experience.
• Registration: ARRT.
MSK is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer committed to diversity and inclusion in all aspects of recruiting and employment. All qualified individuals are encouraged to apply and will receive consideration without regard to race, color, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, age, religion, creed, disability, veteran status or any other factor which cannot lawfully be used as a basis for an employment decision.
Federal law requires employers to provide reasonable accommodation to qualified individuals with disabilities. Please tell us if you require a reasonable accommodation to apply for a job or to perform your job. Examples of reasonable accommodation include making a change to the application process or work procedures, providing documents in an alternate format, using a sign language interpreter, or using specialized equipment.