At Memorial Sloan Kettering (MSK), we’re not only changing the way we treat cancer, but also the way the world thinks about it. By working together and pushing forward with innovation and discovery, we’re driving excellence and improving outcomes.
For the 28th year, MSK has been named a top hospital for cancer by U.S. News & World Report. We are proud to be on Becker’s Healthcare list as one of the 150 Great Places to Work in Healthcare in 2018, as well as one of Glassdoor’s Employees’ Choice Best Place to Work for 2018. We’re treating cancer, one patient at a time. Join us and make a difference every day.
We are seeking a Lead Mammography Technologist to join our dynamic Radiology team at our Breast & Imaging Center, located at 300 E. 66th Street.
• Committed to high standards of productivity.
• Motivated to provide exceptional customer service.
• Action-oriented and eager to take on new opportunities and tough challenges with a sense of urgency, high energy, and enthusiasm.
• Adaptable in your approach and demeanor in real time to match the shifting demands of different situations.
• A good decision maker, with proven success of making timely decisions that keep the organization moving forward.
• Adept at planning and prioritizing work to meet commitments aligned with organizational goals.
• Able to use specialized knowledge and job-related experience to handle complex work assignments and lead other less experienced staff.
• Assist the Mammography Supervisor in directing the workforce and in maintaining the Quality Assurance program and adhering to regulatory guidelines.
• Perform all radiographic examinations accurately, completely and efficiently, checking technical quality, and submits completed exams for physician to review.
• Manage all aspects of the exam procedures to maximize exam efficiency while meeting patient needs.
• Assist physicians and performs nursing duties, as needed.
• Prepare accurate records and enters required data into information management system.
• Instruct trainees in specialty area and keeps licensing up to date.
• Maintain a neat, clean, safe environment, and performs quality control tests as assigned.
• Treat those individuals (e.g., patient/family, client, center employee) who depend on the quality, accuracy and timeliness of the work as unique individuals in a respectful, courteous manner, and focuses on understanding and meeting their needs.
• Work collaboratively with others to accomplish departmental and organizational goals.
• Must be certified in New York State and registered with the American Registry of Radiologic Technologist (ARRT) in both Radiography (R) and Mammography (M).
• Minimum of 2 years Mammography with is required.
• Experience in performing Bone Densitometry (DEXA) a plus.
• Bachelor’s degree and Interventional experience preferred.
• Monday - Friday, 10 am - 6 pm. Flexibility is required.
MSK is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer committed to diversity and inclusion in all aspects of recruiting and employment. All qualified individuals are encouraged to apply and will receive consideration without regard to race, color, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, age, religion, creed, disability, veteran status or any other factor which cannot lawfully be used as a basis for an employment decision.
Federal law requires employers to provide reasonable accommodation to qualified individuals with disabilities. Please tell us if you require a reasonable accommodation to apply for a job or to perform your job. Examples of reasonable accommodation include making a change to the application process or work procedures, providing documents in an alternate format, using a sign language interpreter, or using specialized equipment.