At Memorial Sloan Kettering (MSK), we’re not only changing the way we treat cancer, but also the way the world thinks about it. By working together and pushing forward with innovation and discovery, we’re driving excellence and improving outcomes.
For the 28th year, MSK has been named a top hospital for cancer by U.S. News & World Report. We are proud to be on Becker’s Healthcare list as one of the 150 Great Places to Work in Healthcare in 2018, as well as one of Glassdoor’s Employees’ Choice Best Place to Work for 2018. We’re treating cancer, one patient at a time. Join us and make a difference every day.
Advanced Practice Provider (Nurse Practitioner or Physician Assistant) – Psychiatry (Outpatient)
We are seeking a Nurse Practitioner with skills in providing mental health care to the medically ill and an interest in caring for older adults and managing substance abuse to join our team of psychiatrists and psychologists in providing comprehensive mental health care, implementing and evaluating standards, and participating in research necessary to establish exemplary, evidence-based care.
At Memorial Sloan Kettering (MSK), we’re not only changing the way we treat cancer, but also the way the world thinks about it. By working together and pushing forward with innovation and discovery, we’re driving excellence and improving outcomes. We employ a team of over 500 NPs across MSK who are dedicated to delivering compassionate, expert and comprehensive cancer care to patients and families. We are committed to providing a healthy and rewarding work environment; with opportunity for on-going professional and personal development.
For the 27th year, MSK has been named a top hospital for cancer by U.S. News & World Report. We are proud to be on Becker’s Healthcare list as one of the 150 Great Places to Work in Healthcare in 2016, as well as Glassdoor’s annual Employees’ Choice Awards 2016. We’re treating cancer, one patient at a time. Join us and make a difference every day.
• A good decision-maker, with proven success in caring for complex patients.
• Able to work effectively in a sometimes complicated environment.
• Able to take initiative and collaborate to successfully implement new programs.
• Adept at planning and prioritizing.
• Effective at forging therapeutic relationships with patients and constructive relationships with co-workers.
• Flexible in your approach and demeanor in order to align with the shifting demands of evolving circumstances.
• Maintain an independent practice; providing urgent and pre-operative psychiatric assessments and conducting on-going medication management to a defined panel of oncology patients.
• Collaborate with a multidisciplinary team to develop and implement a plan of care to address the physical and psychosocial needs of your patients.
• Engage in performance improvement activities to support the mental health needs of our patient population.
• Active New York/New Jersey State RN and Psychiatry / Mental Health NP licenses or be qualified for state licensure pr NJ and NY State PA Liscenses
• Masters degree in Nursing (for NPs)
• 3+ years of related clinical experience
• Related national NP certification
Three opportunites Available:
Hours: (4) 10 hour days flexed between 8a-8p Monday-Saturday #LI-TA1
MSK is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer committed to diversity and inclusion in all aspects of recruiting and employment. All qualified individuals are encouraged to apply and will receive consideration without regard to race, color, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, age, religion, creed, disability, veteran status or any other factor which cannot lawfully be used as a basis for an employment decision.
Federal law requires employers to provide reasonable accommodation to qualified individuals with disabilities. Please tell us if you require a reasonable accommodation to apply for a job or to perform your job. Examples of reasonable accommodation include making a change to the application process or work procedures, providing documents in an alternate format, using a sign language interpreter, or using specialized equipment.