At Memorial Sloan Kettering (MSK), we’re not only changing the way we treat cancer, but also the way the world thinks about it. By working together and pushing forward with innovation and discovery, we’re driving excellence and improving outcomes.
For the 28th year, MSK has been named a top hospital for cancer by U.S. News & World Report. We are proud to be on Becker’s Healthcare list as one of the 150 Great Places to Work in Healthcare in 2018, as well as one of Glassdoor’s Employees’ Choice Best Place to Work for 2018. We’re treating cancer, one patient at a time. Join us and make a difference every day.
Advanced Practice Provider (APP)(NIGHTS)-Urgent Care and Clinical Decisions Unit
Our amazing team is hiring another APP (Physician Assistant (PA) or Nurse Practitioner) to join the Urgent Care Center/Clinical Decision Unit in the Department of Medicine. The APP will collaborate with designated physicians and healthcare team members to provide medical care to patients in the Urgent Care Center and Clinical Decision Unit.
The Advanced Practice Provider (APP) will join a team of over 500 NPs and PAs across MSK who have dedicated their lives to deliver compassionate, comprehensive cancer care to patients and their loved ones, supporting the mission, philosophy, standards, goals and objectives of the institution and department
- A good decision-maker, known to work at making timely decisions that keep the organization moving forward
- You are able to work effectively in an environment notable for complex, sometimes contradictory information
- You are effective at gaining the support and dedication of others by engaging them around your point of view and priorities
- Flexible in your approach and demeanor in order to align with the shifting demands of evolving circumstances
- Evaluation and management of patients
- Ordering and interpreting laboratory and radiographic tests
- Performing such procedures as paracentesis, simple orthopedic splinting and suturing of skin lacerations
- Facilitating admissions and discharges of patients
- Assist in the follow-up of discharged patients
- In-person and telephone triage
- Optimizing the flow of patients through the Urgent Care Center and Observation Unit
QUALIFICATIONS NEEDED FOR PA ARE:
- Graduate from an accredited PA program
- NCCPA certification
- Active NYS license or be qualified for state licensure
- A minimum of 2 years of related experience in inpatient hospital medicine, emergency medicine, or urgent care center practice is preferred but highly motivated new graduates will be considered
- BLS and ACLS certification
QUALIFICATIONS NEEDED FOR AN NP CANDIDATE ARE:
- Current New York State (NYS) RN and NP licenses/registrations
- Master’s degree in nursing, prescriptive privileges (or eligibility)
- 3+ years of related clinical experience
- Related National NP certification
- BLS certification
SCHEDULE: 12 HOUR NIGHTS WITH WEEKEND/HOLIDAY ROTATION
MSK is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer committed to diversity and inclusion in all aspects of recruiting and employment. All qualified individuals are encouraged to apply and will receive consideration without regard to race, color, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, age, religion, creed, disability, veteran status or any other factor which cannot lawfully be used as a basis for an employment decision.
Federal law requires employers to provide reasonable accommodation to qualified individuals with disabilities. Please tell us if you require a reasonable accommodation to apply for a job or to perform your job. Examples of reasonable accommodation include making a change to the application process or work procedures, providing documents in an alternate format, using a sign language interpreter, or using specialized equipment.