At Memorial Sloan Kettering (MSK), we’re not only changing the way we treat cancer, but also the way the world thinks about it. By working together and pushing forward with innovation and discovery, we’re driving excellence and improving outcomes.
For the 28th year, MSK has been named a top hospital for cancer by U.S. News & World Report. We are proud to be on Becker’s Healthcare list as one of the 150 Great Places to Work in Healthcare in 2018, as well as one of Glassdoor’s Employees’ Choice Best Place to Work for 2018. We’re treating cancer, one patient at a time. Join us and make a difference every day.
Project Manager-Nursing Infomatics (Registered Nurse)
As a member of the Nursing Informatics team, the Project Manager will:
Design, implementat, schedule, task documentation and tracking of all activities related to the point-of-care system for specimen collection as well as future point of care projects as assigned. Coordinates all activities of clinical informatics technology projects, from readiness assessment and planning through vendor selection, to completion of implementation. Also has responsibility for managing informatics project maintenance and ongoing improvement.
NYS RN, Masters degree in nursing informatics or equivalent clinical informatics degree, and a minimum of 5 years experience in nursing administration, nursing informatics and/or project management. Requires in-depth product and healthcare knowledge, working knowledge of clinical workflows, system development lifecycle and hospital operations. Additional requirements include:
• Clinical systems knowledge and training required.
• Experience implementing point-of-care systems in a clinical environment required.
• In-depth ability to operate various computer programs including but not limited to: Microsoft Project, Excel, Word PowerPoint, and Access and Visio
• Experience in product troubleshooting as it may relate to hospital or vendor servers, database reporting and management.
• Strong critical thinking and communication skills (written and verbal).
• Demonstrated ability to be self-directed with excellent organization, analytical and interpersonal skills.
• Excellent presentation skills and conflict resolution skills required.
• General understanding of computers and appreciation for information systems theory and design.
• Analytical skills to identify problems and offer solutions.
• Political and people skills to effectively manage change.
• Able to make accurate judgments into clinical processes.
Monday - Friday with flexible hours during implementations. #LI_TA1
MSK is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer committed to diversity and inclusion in all aspects of recruiting and employment. All qualified individuals are encouraged to apply and will receive consideration without regard to race, color, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, age, religion, creed, disability, veteran status or any other factor which cannot lawfully be used as a basis for an employment decision.
Federal law requires employers to provide reasonable accommodation to qualified individuals with disabilities. Please tell us if you require a reasonable accommodation to apply for a job or to perform your job. Examples of reasonable accommodation include making a change to the application process or work procedures, providing documents in an alternate format, using a sign language interpreter, or using specialized equipment.