At Memorial Sloan Kettering (MSK), we’re not only changing the way we treat cancer, but also the way the world thinks about it. By working together and pushing forward with innovation and discovery, we’re driving excellence and improving outcomes.
For the 28th year, MSK has been named a top hospital for cancer by U.S. News & World Report. We are proud to be on Becker’s Healthcare list as one of the 150 Great Places to Work in Healthcare in 2018, as well as one of Glassdoor’s Employees’ Choice Best Place to Work for 2018. We’re treating cancer, one patient at a time. Join us and make a difference every day.
Advanced Practice Provider (Physician Assistant or Nurse Practitioner) - Inpatient Bone Marrow Transplant (BMT) Service-NIGHTS
Our dedicated team is growing and we are looking to hire another Advanced Practice Provider (Physician Assistant or Nurse Practitioner) to deliver comprehensive care to the inpatient BMT population in order to meet the medical and psychosocial needs of our patients, implement and evaluate standards of care, and participate in research necessary to establish exemplary, evidence-based care. Are you ready to find your calling and make a difference in the lives of our patients and their families?
The Advanced Practice Provider (APP) will join a team of over 500 NPs and PAs across MSK who have dedicated their lives to deliver compassionate, comprehensive cancer care to patients and their loved ones, supporting the mission, philosophy, standards, goals and objectives of the institution and department.
- A good decision-maker, known to work at making timely decisions that keep the organization moving forward
- Able to work effectively in an environment notable for complex, sometimes contradictory information
- Effective at gaining the support and dedication of others by engaging them around your point of view and priorities
- Flexible in your approach and demeanor in order to align with the shifting demands of evolving circumstances
- Collaborate with physicians and healthcare team members
- Deliver comprehensive BMT Oncology patients in an inpatient setting
- Meet the medical needs of patients
- Participate in the implementation of patient education and clinical support programs to ensure optimal care throughout the healthcare continuum
QUALIFICATIONS NEEDED FOR A PA APPLICANTS ARE:
- Graduate from an accredited PA program
- NCCPA certification
- Active NYS license or able to qualify for state licensure
- A minimum of 3 years of similar experience is preferred
QUALIFICATIONS NEEDED FOR AN NP APPLICANTS ARE:
- Current New York State (NYS) RN and NP licenses/registrations
- Master’s degree in nursing, prescriptive privileges (or eligibility)
- 3+ years of related clinical experience
- Related National NP certification
Hours: 12 hours shifts from 7:00PM to 7:30AM with weekend and holiday rotation.
MSK is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer committed to diversity and inclusion in all aspects of recruiting and employment. All qualified individuals are encouraged to apply and will receive consideration without regard to race, color, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, age, religion, creed, disability, veteran status or any other factor which cannot lawfully be used as a basis for an employment decision.
Federal law requires employers to provide reasonable accommodation to qualified individuals with disabilities. Please tell us if you require a reasonable accommodation to apply for a job or to perform your job. Examples of reasonable accommodation include making a change to the application process or work procedures, providing documents in an alternate format, using a sign language interpreter, or using specialized equipment.