At Memorial Sloan Kettering (MSK), we’re not only changing the way we treat cancer, but also the way the world thinks about it. By working together and pushing forward with innovation and discovery, we’re driving excellence and improving outcomes.
For the 28th year, MSK has been named a top hospital for cancer by U.S. News & World Report. We are proud to be on Becker’s Healthcare list as one of the 150 Great Places to Work in Healthcare in 2018, as well as one of Glassdoor’s Employees’ Choice Best Place to Work for 2018. We’re treating cancer, one patient at a time. Join us and make a difference every day.
Clinical Supervisor (Peri-Operative Services)-Evenings
The Clinical Supervisor provides administrative, educational and clinical support to peri-operative staff to ensure safe, efficient operations for the delivery of high quality patient care. In collaboration with leadership staff, contributes to an environment which promotes excellence in clinical practice, staff education, and unit operations.
The nursing team at MSK prides itself on our relationship-based care as our professional practice model; shared governance as evidenced by our departmental, divisional and unit-based councils and committees; and strategic nursing initiatives including our recent Magnet certification©.
• Knowledgeable about peri-operative business and the marketplace and able to apply this knowledge to advance the organization's goals.
• A provider of work directives, delegating responsibilities as necessary and removing obstacles in order to get work done.
• Building effective teams where team members apply their diverse skills and perspectives to achieve common goals.
• Able to operate effectively, even when things are not clear or the way forward is not obvious.
• Lead, support, and oversees peri-operative staff to ensure delivery of safe, competent, quality and cost effective care.
• Direct and assist peri-operative staff in determining work priorities and making decisions to ensure that the needs of patients and their families are met efficiently and effectively.
• Provide clinically expert care to patients and families with complex care requirements and/or in medical emergencies. Validates patient assessments and clinical decisions of staff.
• NYS RN License/Registration
• Master’s degree (MSN highly preferred) and a Bachelor’s of Nursing (BSN). Candidates with a BSN and matriculating in a MS program will be considered
• National Certification
• 3-5 years of clinical experience and leadership skills
Hours: 8 hours evenings, Monday – Friday. #LI-MA1
MSK is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer committed to diversity and inclusion in all aspects of recruiting and employment. All qualified individuals are encouraged to apply and will receive consideration without regard to race, color, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, age, religion, creed, disability, veteran status or any other factor which cannot lawfully be used as a basis for an employment decision.
Federal law requires employers to provide reasonable accommodation to qualified individuals with disabilities. Please tell us if you require a reasonable accommodation to apply for a job or to perform your job. Examples of reasonable accommodation include making a change to the application process or work procedures, providing documents in an alternate format, using a sign language interpreter, or using specialized equipment.