At Memorial Sloan Kettering (MSK), we’re not only changing the way we treat cancer, but also the way the world thinks about it. By working together and pushing forward with innovation and discovery, we’re driving excellence and improving outcomes.
For the 28th year, MSK has been named a top hospital for cancer by U.S. News & World Report. We are proud to be on Becker’s Healthcare list as one of the 150 Great Places to Work in Healthcare in 2018, as well as one of Glassdoor’s Employees’ Choice Best Place to Work for 2018. We’re treating cancer, one patient at a time. Join us and make a difference every day.
MSK is seeking a Senior Systems Analyst to join the Health Informatics Innovation Team in the Division of Health Informatics (DHI). DHI focuses on the interaction of people, processes, and technology to support the exceptional patient care delivered at MSK. We manage a suite of clinical information systems including the electronic health record, ancillary systems and tools that enable decision support, health information exchange and knowledge management.
Within the Division, our Health Informatics Innovation Team studies technology trends in healthcare and other industries and identifies opportunities for new tech to improve cancer care. We prototype and test new tools in our lab environment, conduct usability and user experience testing, and then deploy and scale our solutions in close collaboration with our world-renowned clinicians and IT colleagues.
As a Senior Systems Analyst on the Innovation Team, you will play an essential role in determining how technology is used at MSK to make our clinicians more efficient and effective, and to help our patients along their oncology care journey. Specifically,
• Immerse yourself in clinical settings of interest, interpret and evaluate user needs, gather and analyze relevant data and develop appropriately detailed system workflows or new application requirements
• Review and analyze the effectiveness and efficiency of existing systems and develop strategies for improving or further leveraging these systems
• Develop and maintain relationships with end-users, including administrative/clinical/operational leaders
• Coordinate, organize and manage development, maintenance, testing and support of system enhancements, changes and fixes
• Monitor systems to ensure data integrity, consistency, security and accuracy
• Create and maintain detailed documentation of workflow, functional design specifications, operating procedures and system administration/configuration
• Direct the preparation and design of utilization, productivity, and other ad hoc reports to meet internal and external reporting needs
• Conduct training for physicians, nursing, clinical, administrative and support staff
• Motivated by the idea of improving the lives of patients with cancer and supporting the work of those who provide their care
• An individual with strong analytical aptitude and a desire to continually learn and innovate, applying insight from past efforts to new situations
• Adept at planning and prioritizing work to meet commitments aligned with organizational goals
• A great collaborator, capable of building strong relationships with clinical and technical colleagues, and delivering customer-centric solutions
• An effective communicator, capable of determining how best to reach different audiences and executing communications based on that understanding
• A thoughtful decision-maker, with proven success at making timely decisions that keep the organization moving forward, while knowing when to ask for help when needed
• Able to work effectively in an environment notable for complex, sometimes contradictory information, resilient in recovering from setbacks, and skilled at finding detours around obstacles
• Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science, Information Systems, or a Healthcare-related field (or equivalent experience); Master’s Degree preferred especially in Biomedical Informatics
• 2-4 years of experience working with clinical information systems in a complex, multi-departmental healthcare environment
• 1 year experience in a managerial capacity, preferably performing clinical system implementations or supporting clinical systems users
MSK is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer committed to diversity and inclusion in all aspects of recruiting and employment. All qualified individuals are encouraged to apply and will receive consideration without regard to race, color, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, age, religion, creed, disability, veteran status or any other factor which cannot lawfully be used as a basis for an employment decision.
Federal law requires employers to provide reasonable accommodation to qualified individuals with disabilities. Please tell us if you require a reasonable accommodation to apply for a job or to perform your job. Examples of reasonable accommodation include making a change to the application process or work procedures, providing documents in an alternate format, using a sign language interpreter, or using specialized equipment.