At Memorial Sloan Kettering (MSK), we’re not only changing the way we treat cancer, but also the way the world thinks about it. By working together and pushing forward with innovation and discovery, we’re driving excellence and improving outcomes.
For the 28th year, MSK has been named a top hospital for cancer by U.S. News & World Report. We are proud to be on Becker’s Healthcare list as one of the 150 Great Places to Work in Healthcare in 2018, as well as one of Glassdoor’s Employees’ Choice Best Place to Work for 2018. We’re treating cancer, one patient at a time. Join us and make a difference every day.
Nurse Practitioner or Physician Assistant – Psychiatry (Inpatient)
We are seeking an Advanced Practice Provider (Physician Assistant or Nurse Practitioner) with skills in providing mental health care to the medically ill to join our team of psychiatrists and psychologists in providing comprehensive mental health care, implementing and evaluating standards, and participating in research necessary to establish exemplary, evidence-based care. In this new role, you will provide urgent psychiatric support to inpatients, see independent follow-up visits and provide support in managing both staff and patient’s mental health needs.
At Memorial Sloan Kettering (MSK), we’re not only changing the way we treat cancer, but also the way the world thinks about it. By working together and pushing forward with innovation and discovery, we’re driving excellence and improving outcomes. We employ a team of over 500 NPs across MSK who are dedicated to delivering compassionate, expert and comprehensive cancer care to patients and families. We are committed to providing a healthy and rewarding work environment; with opportunity for on-going professional and personal development.
For the 27th year, MSK has been named a top hospital for cancer by U.S. News & World Report. We are proud to be on Becker’s Healthcare list as one of the 150 Great Places to Work in Healthcare in 2016, as well as Glassdoor’s annual Employees’ Choice Awards 2016. We’re treating cancer, one patient at a time. Join us and make a difference every day.
• A good decision-maker, with proven success in caring for complex patients.
• Able to work effectively in a sometimes complicated environment.
• Able to take initiative and collaborate to successfully implement new programs.
• Adept at planning and prioritizing.
• Effective at forging therapeutic relationships with patients and constructive relationships with co-workers.
• Flexible in your approach and demeanor in order to align with the shifting demands of evolving circumstances.
• Respond to behavioral emergencies in the inpatient setting as part of a behavioral rapid response team.
• Provide mental health care to both newly identified patients and established patients needing psychiatric consultation.
• Provide staff support in the form of education, debriefings and other techniques to promote resiliency and improve mental health care delivery in the inpatient setting.
• Collaborate with a multidisciplinary team to develop and implement a plan of care to address the physical and psychosocial needs of your patients.
• Engage in performance improvement activities to support the mental health needs of our patient population.
Qualifications for an NP candidate:
• Active New York State RN and Psychiatry / Mental Health NP licenses or be qualified for state licensure
• Masters degree in Nursing
• 3+ years of related clinical experience
• Related national NP certification
Qualifications needed for a PA candidate:
• Active New York State PA license or be qualified for state licensure
• Graduate from an accredited PA program
• 2+ years of experience as a PA
• NCCPA certification
Hours: 12 hour nights – 8p-8a with weekend rotation (full time and part time opportunities available)
Please submit a cover letter.
MSK is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer committed to diversity and inclusion in all aspects of recruiting and employment. All qualified individuals are encouraged to apply and will receive consideration without regard to race, color, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, age, religion, creed, disability, veteran status or any other factor which cannot lawfully be used as a basis for an employment decision.
Federal law requires employers to provide reasonable accommodation to qualified individuals with disabilities. Please tell us if you require a reasonable accommodation to apply for a job or to perform your job. Examples of reasonable accommodation include making a change to the application process or work procedures, providing documents in an alternate format, using a sign language interpreter, or using specialized equipment.